Thursday, January 31, 2008
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Tuesday, January 29, 2008
Monday, January 28, 2008
Saturday, January 26, 2008
So, I recently visited one of my favorite blogspots, List of the Day, to find that he had comprised a list of top female celebrities over 40. It's great! I'm inspired to put a twist on it and get your opinion!
My list shall be comprised of those that bust my gut!! They might not be hotties by the standards of Tinsel Town but they make me laugh...and that wins my heart over looks anyday of the week! In no particular order, we have....
- Adam Sandler
- Tyler Perry
AKA Madea...he's great!
- David Spade
- Steve Carrell
- Will Ferrell
- Rob Schneider
- Wayne Brady
Friday, January 25, 2008
Thursday, January 24, 2008
In honor of the passing of Mr. Ledger, I thought I’d compile a list of peeves. I shall call it, 10 Things I Hate About You. YOU will refer to the action that is being done, not the person doing it. So, take no offense if you’re guilty.
- I hate panty lines. HATE!!!!! It drives me absolutely crazy to see them. With all the modern options out there for feminine undergarments, find something that is seamless, barely there or thong-ish. If none of these options suit you, wear larger britches or go commando.
- I can’t stand lipstick on a cup. Coffee cup, mug, glass…whatever. It seems tacky to me.
- I hate unpainted toenails. I do not make exceptions on this. Please, please, please people. Paint those babies. It’s the decent thing to do.
- I can’t stand it when the toilet paper is replaced incorrectly on the roll. It should always roll over, not under. ALWAYS!
- I can’t stand it when someone’s pants leg is not over their shoe. If they’re walking around with it tucked into their shoe and they don’t even realize it, I have to ask how aware they are of their surroundings.
- I hate for my side of the bed to be warm before I get in it. If someone has been sitting on my side of the bed, I can’t go to bed until it cools off. Same goes for my pillow.
- I hate when someone borrows my chapstick/lipgloss and gets their own lipstick all over it. I will throw it away every time.
- I hate to hear individuals misuse words in sentences. For instance, your boss tells you that you “unconsciously” do something when they really mean you “subconsciously” do it. You don’t do anything when you’re unconscious. DUH!
- I can’t stand people that make excuses. I would rather hear a screaming child than excuses. Excuses do nothing but make me mad….they coincide with a negative attitude and the two hand-in-hand are insufferable.
- Finally…those folks that walk around feeling important when their cell phone rings and then stick around to talk (loudly) to the person on the other end. Odds are, no one in the room is on the phone with you. So, we don’t want to hear what you’re saying.
These are just a few of mine. I have plenty more where those came from. Perhaps for another blog. Anyone got anything stranger?
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Monday, January 21, 2008
Sunday, January 20, 2008
Saturday, January 19, 2008
Friday, January 18, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Monday, January 14, 2008
Sunday, January 13, 2008
Friday, January 11, 2008
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
My most recent addition to the ‘antique collection’ is another apron. I came across this one at my mom’s house. She found it folded up with a bunch of different material she received from my great grandmother. Low and behold, another of my great-great grandmother’s creations! Could I be so lucky? Turns out that way, huh?As I said before, I’m not sure if antique is the right word because I’m not sure what qualifies an item to be an antique. But, these items are all in my possession and I put them all to use. I use my aprons often and I keep my sweet tea in that pitcher in my fridge. They may be antique, but I find something refreshing and very ‘linking the present to the past’ about using the items. Maybe I feel like I’m channeling this woman that I never knew! Either way, it’s become a new-found hobby of mine and I can’t wait to find my next piece! Let’s go junkin’!