Thursday, May 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hallie!

My little princess is 3 years old today! Her party will take place on Sunday and she can't stop talking about princesses. She's so excited.
It seems like only yesterday that my baby girl came into this world. May 1, 2005 wasn't that long ago...and then again, it is. I think back to May 1, 2004 when my little Hallie bug was nothing but a thought in the far reaching corners of my mind. I can't imagine my life without her. She has such a zest for life and she truly will keep me young...if she doesn't kill me first, that is! I always said that I didn't want a little girl. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to relate to her...that I wouldn't be girly enough for her....that I wouldn't have a relationship with her like I do my little man. I was wrong and I'll be the very first one to say it. She is the fuel for the fire around this house and I wouldn't have it any other way. She's just girly enough to be picky yet she loves frogs, dogs, sports and rolling down a hill as much (if not more) than any little boy out there. She loves dressing up and painting her toenails. She hates hairbows and vegetables. She loves dessert and Mexican food. She hates when her shoes won't cooperate or her hair is messed up. She's outspoken and softhearted...and my favorite little girl!
She loves to learn new things...and will most assuredly insist on trying them herself on the first attempt. She's determined, independent, stubborn and persistent in everything she does. But, when it comes time to relax, she's the first one in my lap or curled up beside me watching a movie! She's my little princess and I'm so proud to be her mommy!
Happy Birthday, Hallie!

4 comments:

martinstone said...

Gorgeous!

LeighAnne said...

What a precious blog! I love her hair cut in a bob. It is adorable.

KristinRanae said...

Happy Birthday to Hallie! We can't wait to come to your princess party:)

KAAT Owens said...

Hallie is adorable! She looks so much like you. By the way, hey there! It's been awhile. Hope you don't mind Kevin sent me your blog. I see in your profile that you like to clean. I was wondering if I could send you some information?
Talk to you soon!
Amy Owens