Friday, February 29, 2008
Thursday, February 28, 2008
- I came upon this little ditty from one of my favorite blogs, List of the Day. Quite ironic that it goes hand in hand with my blog from yesterday!
- My little boy came downstairs this morning - bright eyed & bushy tailed - and told me, as I lay in the bed lookin' ruff, I'm sure that I was the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen! Then he held my arm and told me it was warm. He said it reminded him of pancakes. I'm so happy to be the best looking, most like pancake mom he's ever seen!
- "Wham! 30" happens in my pod at work everyday at 4:30pm. I was astonished to discover today that two charming, yet sheltered, individuals were not aware of who Wham! actually was. I'll save you the script of adjectives I used to describe their tortured selves and tell you that they left with a better understanding! "Wham! 30" Forever, baby! Whoo-hooo!
- My husband is into plants, as you may have read before. He's in the process of getting his tomatoes ready to go in the ground. No, it's not time yet...but he's growing his from seed. He's been catching some flak from some folks for doing it this way. He mentioned that he was going to grow them from seed just to spite the naysayers. "Like you", he said. I reminded him that I never said he couldn't grow them. I just don't understand the purpose in doing it this way. Tomato plants are very inexpensive at the nursery and your odds are better that they'll be a hearty, stable plant once placed in the ground. His response: "That's like going to the mall to get a baby! You don't have the same attachment or love for the plant!" I had nothing else to say. Here's to voluminous production of acidic fruits in our garden and yours this year!
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
So.....that's it. I had a cat once and I was often given chipmunks, squirrels, mice, etc. But, I've been given a deer leg. I thought, at first glance, "Wow! Jacee actually caught a deer!? That's crazy!" But, I'm pretty sure that I'm neighborly with a hunter. Perhaps that hunter just isn't so thorough in their cleaning process.
Regardless, just another day in the life of having pets, right? Anyone got anything to top a deer leg?
Monday, February 25, 2008
(That's "Bruce" in the tank at the aquarium - a little eerie to have him swimming overhead, if I'm being honest. I was reminded of the scene in JAWS...yikes!)
Friday, February 22, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
- "Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go" - Wham! I don't care what anyone says about this song. It's awesome! It's probably my favorite 'morning' song. Nothing gets me up and moving like Wham! How can you control yourself from jumping up and down when this song is on? I don't hold back...even if I do look like an idiot on the way to work - snapping and popping my head!
- "I Can Dream About You" - Dan Hartman This song always makes me dance! Granted, it's not spectacular dancing...but it makes me smile! And really, how many songs are left out there that allow you to showcase your 80's dancing? Not many, I assure you!
- "Blinded By the Light" - Manfred Mann 'Wrapped up like a deus'....you can't not love this song! One problem - this song makes me drive really fast. That doesn't help me have a happy morning when the nice officer decides to pull me over!
- "All I Want" - Toad the Wet Sprocket This song just makes me feel warm and fuzzy. I'll be honest that I'm not 100% sure of all the words, but the melody and harmony in the song is enough to keep me playing it!
- "At Last" - Etta James This song always makes me think I can really sing. It's soulful, crooning and simply exquisite!
- "Brown Eyed Girl" - Van Morrison Simply because I am one.
- "California Girls" - The Beach Boys Made famous during my Senior Show in high school. It always makes me want to dance around on stage and head for the beach!
- "(Can't Live Without Your) Love and Affection" - Nelson Most people hate this song and that's just fine by me. I'm completely comfortable gettin' jiggy to this...or "After the Rain"!
- "Don't Pull Your Love Out on Me Baby" - Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds You can't help but love this one! Listen to it...tell me you don't feel like dancing!
- "Footloose" - Kenny Loggins Seriously...do I need to explain this? In a town where dancing was forbidden...he made it so! AWESOME!
- "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" - Will Smith Lots of folks, I'm learning, aren't fans of his. I am. This song will have my bootie going everytime...without fail!
- "Go All the Way" - The Rasberries This one is an oldie...but a goodie! Got it from my neighbor's 70's CD! Thanks Chris!
- "Here I Go Again" - Whitesnake For so many reasons that don't have much to do with dancing, this song is one of my favorites! It's 80's hair band! Hello!!!
- "Hole in My Heart" - Blackhawk One of my favorites to sway to in the back seat! (And I don't mean that in a nasty way, either!)
- "Hooked On A Feeling" - BJ Thomas Simply because my son and I will sing every word! He's my singing partner!
- "Hustle" - Van McCoy I want to be in Saturday Night Fever dancing to this song...70's attire and all...how fabulous to have actually done the Hustle in a club back then? I bet I could go all night to this one!
- "I Ain't No Quitter" - Shania Twain Honestly, the video is what did it for me on this one. It's on my IPOD and I reference it often for a quick pick-me-up!
- "I Want You to Want Me" - Cheap Trick The best!!!!!!! This will actually have me singing out the windows to those passing by!
- "Joanna" - Kool and the Gang Another one to groove to from the 70's! Pop it in when you're feelin' blue! Perks you right up!
- "Just Friends" - Amy Winehouse She's crazier than a shit-house rat...but she can sing! And she makes me sing along!
- "Karma Chameleon" - Culture Club You can't have dorky/dancy/ridiculous music without including Boy George! I'm a fan...and that's okay.
- "Let's Hear it for the Boy" - Deneice Williams I have danced to this song in my best friend's kitchen with a broom. It's on video somewhere. I have to include it.
- "Let's Stay Together" - Al Green What isn't bootie shakin' about this one? You have to smile when you hear it...even if it's just a smirk!
- "Married Man's A Fool" - Ry Cooder If you haven't heard it...find it. It's crazy and it makes me smile everytime I hear it!
- "Mud On the Tires" - Brad Paisley I love muddin' and I love him too...so I can't help but smile!
- "PYT - Pretty Young Thing" - Michael Jackson Talk about some serious groovin'! And I'm not that great of a dancer...but this song so covers it up!
- "Rock With You" - Michael Jackson Likewise...this one is just something you can't stay still during!
- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered...I'm Yours" - Stevie Wonder How can you not bust a move to Stevie? Is something wrong with you?
- "Smoke of a Distant Fire" - Marshall Tucker Band Just plain feel good music! Enjoy it by singing along and dancing!
- "Strokin" - Clarence Carter You can't hear it and not laugh...try it!
- "Uptown Girl" - Billy Joel Just so damn happy you can't contain yourself! Your head will be boppin' before you even realize it!
- "We Built This City" - Starship A favorite for reasons only my mom and I know...we'll always dance to this one!
- "Would You Go With Me?" - Josh Turner If he's asking, the answer is yes! Oh...and the song is just too catchy to not learn the words and sing along.
- "You Can't Hurry Love" - Phil Collins My feet won't sit still through this one. It's a favorite for on the way to work!
- "65 Love Affair" - Paul Davis Just about one of the best! Dorky, ridiculous on a level superceding all others and genuinely cheesy! I love it! I actually have the claps all down!
I would rather listen to this "playlist" anyday than some of the other crap out there today! I was never into the grunge scene and the music had a lot to do with that. I just can't get into music that depresses me. Some might say that I just don't want to take the time to listen to the lyrics and understand the artist...and that's fine. Mostly, from music, I look to be entertained! Wham! does it for me! Always has...always will - well, mostly! ;)
I'd love to hear about your "On the Go" playlist! What do you use to get perked up?
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Sunday, February 17, 2008
So we, at Jenn's Little Soapbox, regret any inconvenience our previous blog may have caused.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
- Just stay in bed.
- Drink lots of fluids so you don't get dehydrated.
- Take Tylenol regularly - or change it up by switching between that and Motrin. Always works for the babies.
- Take something for congestion if it happens to accompany your fever.
Your body is going to ache - a lot. You're doing more harm than good by trying to do anything more than recover. Perhaps the flu is the body's way of saying, "Slow down, damn it! I'm tired!"...just a thought.
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Friday, February 8, 2008
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Tuesday, February 5, 2008
Monday, February 4, 2008
Sunday, February 3, 2008
Friday, February 1, 2008
My son comes home with a plethora of information in his backpack everyday of the week! I'm overwhelmed each afternoon with junk information, lunch money requests, vocabulary words, drawings, lunchroom menus and weekly agendas. It demands a good portion of my time to pilfer through it all and determine what gets my attention and what goes into the trash file! The drawings always get my attention. From carefully crafted silhouettes of Spider-Man and Super-Man to rockets and football fields...my fridge looks like a mini Louvre (of sorts) and that's fine by me! When else will I have the joy of covering my Frigidaire?
I might have known this one was on its way...the illustrious "girlfriend" picture. So, her name is Gabrielle. I've never met her - not sure I want to, to be perfectly honest. He proceeded to tell me that she gave him a hug when they parted this afternoon. With tears streaming down my face, I expressed interest in this "special friend" - don't give me any grief...it's been a crazy day today! I'll do my best to adjust and accept this new little philly into my world...for as long as she's here, anyway.