Friday, February 22, 2008

Road Trip!!!!!

The family and I are headed for a mini-vacation tomorrow! Gatlinburg is our destination. I'm looking forward to the aquarium....the kids are going to get a kick out of that. Honestly, I probably will too! I loved the aquarium in Chattanooga!
The ice skating should be fun for them too....especially now that they're old enough to give it a shot. I love Gatlinburg in the winter - and I hear they're callling for snow while we're there. That will make it even better! I remember how excited the kids were with the little bit of snow we got here in Alabama last month...and that was nothing!
My gripe has to be that I haven't packed anything. I'm a "pack the car the night before" kind of gal...and I don't have it done this time! Granted, I've been busy lately. But, this just means that I'm going to be up doing it tonight when I should be enjoying some much needed rest. Why? Because I won't be able to close these big brown eyes until I know I'm at least half way there. There is something so peaceful about knowing that all you have to do is get ready in the morning....but something is telling me that tomorrow morning won't be that relaxing. Sigh...I'll do my best to achieve premature packing, but I'm also a realist. It's 10:30 pm and I haven't even gotten our suticase down. Odds are against me, ladies and gents.
But, the pitcher of margaritas at the mexican joint this evening hashelped me be OK with the fact that tomorrow might be a bit hurried. Tomorrow morning I might be singing a different tune when I get that overwhelming feeling of not having all my ducks in a row. But, for now, I think I'm just going to call it a night. We'll get there tomorrow - one way or another - and if we forget something, I guess we'll just buy it!
Who am I kidding....that would drive me crazy! Until my return, I wish you a happy weekend! See you Monday!

No comments: