Friday, February 1, 2008

Who's That Girl?

My son comes home with a plethora of information in his backpack everyday of the week! I'm overwhelmed each afternoon with junk information, lunch money requests, vocabulary words, drawings, lunchroom menus and weekly agendas. It demands a good portion of my time to pilfer through it all and determine what gets my attention and what goes into the trash file! The drawings always get my attention. From carefully crafted silhouettes of Spider-Man and Super-Man to rockets and football fields...my fridge looks like a mini Louvre (of sorts) and that's fine by me! When else will I have the joy of covering my Frigidaire?

I might have known this one was on its way...the illustrious "girlfriend" picture. So, her name is Gabrielle. I've never met her - not sure I want to, to be perfectly honest. He proceeded to tell me that she gave him a hug when they parted this afternoon. With tears streaming down my face, I expressed interest in this "special friend" - don't give me any grief...it's been a crazy day today! I'll do my best to adjust and accept this new little philly into my world...for as long as she's here, anyway.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It could be worse. It could be Gabriel. ;)

Jenn said...

LMAO!!!!!!! Thanks for the positive spin!

KristinRanae said...

I love how it says "Me and Gabrielle at the 'pork.'"