Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Idle Time....

Happy New Year everybody!
Whew.....2009 blew in like a blustery day! I can't believe it's already here. My resolution: to not blink and miss '09 like I feel like I did '08. Geez...it seems like just the other day we were in Disney World...and that was Summer of 2007. I don't know how it happens, but Father Time is always zipping past me!
Seriously, as for resolutions, I learned not to make 'em. Saves me the disappointment. As I take a look back at New Year's for 2008 I see what all I didn't get done that I had secretly hoped to do and I'm a bit disappointed. (I didn't learn Spanish fluently.) But there is always 2009. What I did love about 2008 was the number of challenges I faced head on. I may not have succeeded by "industry standards" but I learned so much experiencing it all.
My main objective here is to get back into the swing of things on this blog! From my (way too nice to me) loyal readers, I'm getting hate mail about my absence. While not an excuse, I'd like to mention that there have been a lot of things up in the air on my end. I vow, here and now, to do better.
Lastly, before I dive back into my book, I'd like to draw your attention to a new blog I'm following. Check out Weather Droppings for your complete guide to local weather going on in NE Alabama.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Todd for the bunny ears!! Nothing like starting 2009 looking like a doof!!! Had a great time ringing in the new year with the Avalon\Buckingham crew... Let's get the shotgun ready, 09 will be over before we know it.

Anonymous said...

THANK GOD you are back, certainly missed all your news and the humor behind it all. By the way, LOVED the photo. You do good work !!!

Jenn said...

Briana - I agree...it all flies by so fast!

Bev - You are too kind!

KristinRanae said...

Yay! I'm glad that you are back! I've missed your blog:o(

Anonymous said...

Where is Hayden???:):):)

Anonymous said...

I have already noticed that interseting new blog...I am hoping you can have some influence about a weather siren on the foor top

Jenn said...

Hayden was upstairs playing and happened to come down as we were shooting this picture - right before my camera battery died. The joke was that Jenn forgot how many kids she had. I have no rebuttle for this.

As for the weather siren, some of my neighbors - and others - might joke that I should just stand atop the roof myself and be the siren. I can throw myself under the bus with the best of 'em! ;)