Thursday, January 8, 2009

Pocket Change...

I've written about change on more than one occasion on my blog. Shoot, probably more than ten occasions. I'm okay with change. "It suits me just fine - in fact, it's my idea of heaven!" (Name the movie that line is from. Bonus points if you can name the actor or actress being quoted!) I took steps to make another change in my life today. I turned in my two week notice with my employers to mixed reviews. I'm optimistic about my decision and I feel, deep down (in the gut), that I'm making the right decision for me, my family and my future. Why? Because it's an opportunity to learn something new. I might fall flat on my face...but at least I'll have learned soemthing in the process. And who knows about the interesting folk I might meet on the way, huh? How can one not be excited!? So, in two weeks, I'll be headed down a different road, in a different city with a different role to play and I can't wait! I've been with my current employer for eight years (minus a brief stint as a bank teller that could not have ended sooner) and I've learned so much in that time. I have grown up a lot in those eight years there and I feel lucky to have been given the opportunities I have. My only rant here is....why are folks so gossipy? I mean, if you've already heard from somewhere else that I've taken another job, don't pretend you haven't. Especially if you're not a good liar. I mean, c'mon! What's it to ya? Anyway, here's to change and all it inspires us to be!

3 comments:

martinstone said...

WOW!!!!!! Congrats! where are you going, what are you doing? Dont you feel GREAT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU .... what are in the cards for you next??

BrotherPhil said...

And we're glad to have you here... only thing is the gossip thing happens here too...like, yesterday, I got a text message wishing me good luck with a job I didn't even know was being offered here in Gadsden! Talk about ruining your day!!!