Monday, June 2, 2008

Happy Birthday, Hayden!

My little man is six years old! May 23, 2002 he made me the happiest person on Earth by making me a mommy! It's the greatest job I've ever had and I couldn't have asked for a better little guy to be mommy to.
As I approached the hospital around 6AM that morning, I was eerily calm. It was as if this was the job I had been waiting for all my life. My labor was mild, didn't last very long and the end result was more than I ever could have hoped for. I can't remember what it was like before I was called mommy...but I'm sure it was boring!
Hayden is my thinker. He's articulate and precise with every move he makes. He wants nothing more than to please others so that they're proud of him and that's exactly what I am! I thank God each day for allowing me the privelege of being mother to such an amazing little guy.
My mom tells me how lucky my kids are to have me as their mommy and my husband for their daddy. In some ways, she's right and I know that.
Truth be told, I'm the lucky one....by far!

No comments: