Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Idol Love! Don't laugh...it beats the hell out of "Rock of Love"!

I'm in love - with three guys! Who are the lucky (or perhaps not-so-lucky) fellas? David Archuleta - Yeah, he's young. So. You got somethin' to say about it? I didn't think so. He's just about the cutest thing to happen to Idol. Not to mention the fact that he's got talent oozing from his pores. I'm not sure he'll win it...but his rendition of "Imagine" by John Lennon a few weeks back still sends shivers down my spine! I think mostly he might be my favorite because he reminds me (on a distant level) of a guy named Jacob Messina that I grew up with. Jacob posessed quite a set off pipes as well and the similarities are somewhat of a comfort! Jason Castro - I'll be honest here...it's the eyes. They are mesmerizing! They draw me in everytime and I just can't help but be entranced. Sigh...I'm a victim here. One of my favorite performances of his is "If I Fell". Granted it's probably not his best...and I'm sure he'll keep getting better, but it's just so nice. He's on the stool, playing his guitar and he seems so at ease with it all. I could do without the dreads...if I'm being honest. But, I think part of what intrigues me about him is how long he'll go through the competition before he cuts 'em. Care to place your bet? David Cook - Okay...my favorite! He's the Chris Daughtry of this season and WHEW!! did I love me some Daughtry! Talk about a sexy bald guy...sigh!!!!! David's a rocker - and not in a washed up, Bret Michaels kind of way...a real one. He's got a great way of taking a song and making it his own. When he performed "Hello" by Lionel Richie and it had the rock 'n' roll edge...he won me over! I'm a huge Lionel fan anyway and David's updated version sounds like something I would buy from ITunes. Nevertheless, I'm pretty sure he could sing the alphabet and I'd tune in. Maybe it's his biceps as he strums, or the half-cocked smile from the right side of his mouth he'll throw at you when he's singing. Maybe it's the whole package...whatever it is, he's got it! It won't surprise me a bit when he walks away the winner in May. So, these are my faves. Yours?

10 comments:

KristinRanae said...

I am in absolute LOVE with Jason Castro. Dreads or not...he makes my heart flutter like a silly high school girl:) Yep, the eyes do it for me too!

Beth McDaniel Johnson said...

Oh, I'm such a David Cook fan it's not even funny! I think he may even be BETTER than Chris Daughtry--and I LOVED him. I'm rooting for David Cook or Carley Smithson-she has SUCH a good voice! My husband and I are AI addicted dorks!

Jenn said...

Like I said, Krissy, Jason is cute...those eyes are just so big I get lost in them! But, Beth is right on...David is a dreamboat! He's got just enough confidence to carry himself right on through to the end and that is HOTT!!!!

Beth McDaniel Johnson said...

I could not have been happier when that awful Danny didn:t make it into the top 12. His attitude and that scary/creepy youtube video rubbed me the wrong way---i wanted to strangle him!!!!

KristinRanae said...

Beth~ What scary/creepy YouTub video? I gotta go search for that now. I couldn't stand him! I usually FF through his performances or hid when he sang:(

KristinRanae said...

Oops, I meant YouTube...not YouTub:) ha ha ha!

Misty said...

WOO HOO DAVID COOK DAVID COOK DAVID COOK! Brett and I BOTH love him! He could get kicked off next week and STILL sell a million records. And by the way I was shocked SHOCKED that Carly was in the bottom 3 last night!

Jenn said...

I'm so glad there are so many David Cook fans! He's my absolute favorite...but it's going to spoil it if he turns out to be an @55! If so, I'm going with David Archuleta, I think!

I was shocked with Carly too! Just goes to show you that the voting majority is teen girls...

Anonymous said...

David Archeletta is so cute, but he is soooo young and soooo inexperienced. But, it is definately time for Kristy to GO GO GO. I think either Carly or Brooke will win ............ although I have been known to be wrong!!!

Jenn said...

Anonymous Idol Fan - I'm the opposite of you...my money is on a guy to win. I just think a dude is going to walk away with it. No disrespect to the girls, cause they're great...I'm pulling for David Cook! (and David and Jason:)