Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's the littlest things....

The afternoons during T-ball season can be quite a whirlwind. Today was no different. I picked him up, got home and sent the two of them outside to play while I got dinner ready. I'm a huge advocate of outside. I think the fresh air, sunshine and room to run and scream does them (and me) a lot of good. I'm actually able to get a load of laundry done in the midst of their playing and I'm constantly reminding them that they better be glad the sun is still out....otherwise they wouldn't be able to play out there anyway.
While I was filling my kitchen sink with dishwater, I heard a disturbing sound from the outdoors. It wasn't terror, mind you, just disturbing. Anytime they're outdoors, it opens my mind up to endless possibilities as to what may or may not be happening. Is it the dog jumping all over them; bike crash, maybe; sibling antics, perhaps? The guessing is the beauty of it all, I'm sure. No, the noise turned out to be Hallie. I went to the laundry room and peeked out into the driveway...and this is what I saw:

I'm so proud that they remembered to put a helmet on her that I can't be mad!

Here's to the littlest things!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

too funny Jenn
it's the littlest things that get us through the day! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, and which one do you think is the adventurous one???

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwwwwwwwww !!!