Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just when you think you're different....

It’s been one of those great days…where I’ve played with the kids, watched interesting things on TV, made plans for dinner and now getting to watch my favorite movie of all time – Hope Floats. It snowed today…so that was fun. My miniature Mr. Snowman Potatohead was awesome! My roast will be divine this evening and I’ve already hit on the fabulousness of my movie! But, let me tell you about the interesting things on TV today. I’m a fan of searching the guide to find out what's coming on. I was browsing and saw that “My Big Redneck Wedding” was on CMT. The title alone was enough to reel me in. So, I watched it and laughed. But, what came next was so worth the wait! I love countdowns! There is just something about the anticipation that builds as you wait to discover the lucky individual/place/record that makes it to #1! So, after the Redneck Wedding show was a Top 20 Redneck Moments! Honestly…I’ve never laughed so hard and felt so at home in all my life! One of the moments was the song "Convoy" by C.W. McCall. I have this song on my IPOD. My little boy loves it and knows just about every word! Another member of the countdown was Hee Haw. My grandmother and I used to watch Hee Haw every week! One of CBS’ finest hours, if you ask me! Gretchen Wilson’s Redneck Woman song was also on there. I have her album on the pod as well. The Dukesfest, that was started in 2001 was paid a tribute on the countdown, of course. And, not to spoil the ending for anyone that might be planning to tune in for the next airing, Jeff Foxworthy was recognized with the #1 spot! I’ve seen him in action at the Amphitheatre in Birmingham. (Used to be Oak Mountain – now Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre). Enjoy…if you decide to tune in. It’s a good one. And as a bonus there were several folks from Alabama cited throughout the show. One was from Oxford and one from Alexandria. I don’t know them…but pretty dang cool that they made the show!

No comments: